Sunday, August 2, 2009

Kitchener Trip

Well we went to Kitchener last week, once a year my sister Lynn and family come to visit us from Florida. Every year i try to stay in Kitchener for a least a week. Not this time though. Sickness over ruled and we had to come home early :( . But a least i got some time to visit with them. My dad and Lynn picked Andrew and i up on Friday late afternoon. Friday night my sister Judy watched Andrew and Shaylyn (my 7 yr old niece from Florida) so that Lynn, Bill (Lynn's husband), Christina, my niece Stacey, my cousin Sheila and her mom Darlene could go out dancing for a bit. It was a fun night, lots of ppl and very loud music. But i must say i didn't care too much for the music, it was old 80's (duran duran, etc) i didn't like it then nor do i now. After that we went to Stacey's boyfriend Steve mom's house so that Lynn and Bill could meet him. Then back to Judy's for the night. The weather was really crappy, cold and mostly rainy. I don't think were going to ever see summer this year. Saturday we just sat around at Judy's, stayed the night there. Sunday Lynn and I and the 2 kids went to my dads to sleep. Monday we both made a roast dinner for dad. Took the kids to the park, Victoria Park, it used to be my fav park as a kid, and it still is. Monday i woke up with a really sore throat, i thought or should i say, i was hoping it was from all the yelling i had to do in order to talk at the bar over the loud music. But nah i couldn't be so lucky. By Tues night it was really bad, fever, chills, body aches, a full blown virus of some sorts. Probably walked through someones sneeze at the bar or something like that, no one else in my family was or had been recently sick so that's likely the place i got it from. Wednesday i couldn't take it anymore so i asked my dad to take me home. Regrettably my battery died on my camera when we went to the big house for a BBQ at my sister Tammy's house, so i didn't get any pictures of her and her family... And i only got to see Christina on Friday night at the bar, so no pics of her either.
Today i am fine, but now poor little Andrew has it. He's had it for 3 days now so hopefully by tomorrow he will be feeling better.

I did manage to get some pictures tho, so that makes me happy. Oh and i forgot to mention, Shaylyn and Andrew were together non-stop from Fri to Wed and they didn't get into one argument, they love each other so much.

My Niece Melissa was playing with bubble so that Andrew and Shaylyn could pop them, i got some really nice pictures of her in action.




My niece's Melissa and Jessica


A close up of Shaylyn


Andrew


Andrew jumping, something he LOVES doing.


Andrew and Shaylyn on the tramp.


At Victoria Park



My niece Tiffany


My sister Lynn, Bill and Shaylyn


A beautiful sunset in front of my sister Judy's house.



And last, this is my grade 7 and 8 junior high school, Lynn and i drove by it on our way back to my dad's place after our trip to Victoria Park.

No comments: