Sunday, June 1, 2008

One Stage That I Hope Goes Fastttt

Temper tantrums, meltdowns, screaming fits. Tiring me out, max...

Example:
Andrew - "can i have my water gun"
Me - "as long as you don't squirt anything but Reggy or the cat water"
Andrew - "deal"

Andrew proceeds to squirt Reggy, he sits in my path, gets me wet.

Me - "Andrew, do not squirt it in that direction I'm getting wet"
Andrew - nothing
Me -"Andrew you do that again, I'll take it away from you for the night"

He squirts Reggy again whilst hitting me.

I take the water gun away from him and told him he could get it back tomorrow.

Andrew flips out. Crying uncontrollably... Scream and shouts to have it back...

I try to calm him down, explain to him why it got taken away and told him i would read him a story or he could watch Franklin, but there was no calming him down.

Andrew is now in bed. I guess he was tired. But i think i will make it a rule for now on that the only time it is allowed to have water in it is when he's outside or in the bathtub. Lessened learned!

He's been having many of these episodes lately...I have to be patient, this too shall pass, this too shall pass.

(oh and the reason i let him squirt Reggy the cat is because he could use a bath and that's the only way he'll lick himself)

No comments: