Saturday, June 21, 2008

Cancer Relay

It was really sad. I cried lots, but it was nice being there at the same time. At one point they played a song that my parents played for their wedding dance song, it was like my mom was there and she wanted me to know it, was she speaking to me?. Please listen to this while looking at the pictures :)

Getting ready to go.



Andrew walking the relay..



These are white bags with candles burning inside them, each bag cost $5 to go to-wards cancer research, everyone of them had a name of a loved one that passed or is a survivor, sadly there were more with one that passed on. They had thousands of them lit every where in a circle and on each side of the path that the walkers and runners were relaying. They burned all night long, it was quite the site.





This was the lighting ceremonies, and 5 min silence in memory.


There was entertainment all night long.. This little girl was only 8yrs old and had an amazing voice. I couldn't get a good pic of her because it was way too loud and i didn't want to break Andrews eardrums.



Lots of campers, i think they were for the kids if they got too tired.



This was on someones tent.

No comments: