Thursday, October 14, 2010

Death

Ok so this post has nothing to do about Andrew. But then again someday I'm sure he will read all these posts and it may be enlightening to know my thoughts that i don't regularly talk about on a daily basis.

I was just looking through all the entries on this blog and labeling each entry. I came across the post of my last night with my cat Tabatha. I started missing her and told Don that i really miss her. He started saying that i was dis empowering myself by thinking of her.

So that got me thinking about death and time.

I have noticed that after so much time after a loved one dies know one really ever talks about them much anymore. In the beginning it's acceptable to speak of them because the lost is fresh in our hearts and minds. But then we have to move on in our lives and "live" . I guess people don't think you're living if your thinking death. And that REALLY upsets me the most with death. Why can't i talk about Tabatha or miss her? Why can't i talk about mom and miss her? WHY? It feels like it's an un-written rule that after a certain amount of time after your loved one dies they shouldn't really be spoken of because if you do then you're obsessing and that just feel unfair to the deceased and the loved ones that are alive. Why do i feel like it's taboo to talk about them? I remember talking with my sister before our mom died about just this, she reassured me that this won't happen, but it is, and it really bugs me.

2 comments:

Jackie said...

It's really important to me to talk about them and keep them alive in stories and memories...

Whenever we get together with my mom's side when my grandpa would have been there, we mention things he might have liked or disliked, or what he would have found funny. Occasionally have a rum and coke for him too.

The loss still hurts, but it helps to remember the good stuff :)

<3

sandra said...

(((Jackie))) Thanks :)