Friday, June 12, 2009

Everything Must Come to an End

Five years ago and one month I gave birth to a very beautiful little boy, he came into the world screaming at 8.4 lbs, black hair, 21 in long at 4:33pm May 3rd. As soon as he was born, they cleaned him up, checked him over, and then i held in my arms for the first time. Right away I placed him on my breast to nurse for the first time. It was a lot harder then I anticipated. It was painful, most of the time he was too tired. Here we are 5 yrs later and it has now come to an end, as of about a week ago to be exact. We decided that we were going to let him self wean right from the beginning, and that's how it unfolded. I had GREAT support from Don and family members (well most). I thought i would be sad about the end but i am not in the least bit. It just feels right. Another chapter closed. I feel at peace with it! Below are a few of my favorite pics. I love you Andrew.





1 comment:

babyhellfire said...

aww! I love those pics! Cograts! I know it is bittersweet.
I didn't know he was still nursing thats awesome :)