Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Remembrance Day



Hopefully someday war will be something of the past. Hopefully someday know man or woman will die from the hands of an enemy. I hope that day will be in our time, or my kids time. This day brings sadness and anger to my heart. I wish know body had to die or fight, past and present. I won't ever forget, and i will teach Andrew to know his history so that it doesn't have to be repeated. I want him to remember. I want him to love and learn that it's ok to have our differences and to except them know matter what. Hate and conflict is not the way to resolve them.

Although Andrew is still quite young to comprehend what this day means, i was able to explain a wee bit about it to him. He colored a poppy (i colored the words), and he colored and glued together an angel in remembrance. Too many lives have been taken away so young, let it stop.

No comments: